Online advertising platforms are currently sending out some mixed signals when it comes to promoting cryptocurrency related businesses.
So if you are a crypto company you may want to make sure you have a plan B in place by ensuring you always have good organic search rankings by implementing a high-quality SEO strategy on your website.
In this post, we provide you with some simple tips on how to do this on your website:
Creating Dedicated Coin Landing Pages
If you don’t have them already you should consider creating dedicated Pages for each of the cryptocurrency coins that you offer on your website.
Note: These pages must be accessible to all users and not by logging in to your website, as search engines will not be able to access any pages you have to log in to.
Each coin page should contain areas where text can be included on the page to explain the product in more detail and enable target keywords to be included in the page. Kraken is known to have some of the best cryptocurrency guides online that provide excellent insights to readers and therefore also rank very well in the search engines.
Create Dedicated Coin to Fiat Pages
Also creating landing pages for the coin to fiat currencies you offer can enable your site to rank on page 1 of Google for people searching for exchanges that enable certain coins to be exchanged from specific fiat currencies.
Add Relevant Related Keywords to Your Meta Data
You should look to add keyword modifiers to your page titles and meta descriptions, an example of this for a cryptocurrency website maybe to add the terms buy and sell in your meta page title and also your main USPs in your description such as any offers or attractive low commission fees that would be viewed by searchers as a USP.
Including these elements in your metadata will help you to rank for more keyword search phrase variations in Google and also help you increase the click-through rates of pages within the search listings to your landing pages, which is now a very important factor in the Google ranking algorithm.
Creating localized Pages for your International customers.
If you are an international cryptocurrency Exchange targeting many different countries then we would advise that you create difference subfolders on your website (if using a .com domain) for each country that you are targeting or have a different country specific top level domain website for each country you are targeting.
This will allow you to create specific localized content for each region, which often can help improve conversion rates.
The most important benefit you can get from an SEO perspective is that you will be able to have specific localized pages appearing in the relevant country-specific search engine.
Creating dedicated pages to answer people’s cryptocurrency questions
Many people who are interested in investing in cryptocurrencies often ask a lot of question-based search terms. You can find out many of the popular frequently asked questions used by searches on Google by using specialist keyword tools such as keywordtool.io and answerthepublic.com
Gathering this data will enable you to identify the most common questions asked, which you can then create into FAQ type pages to provide information to the searcher’s query. This will help you bring in more traffic to your website as well as users finding your brand and seeing that your brand is very knowledgeable in the cryptocurrency field, and so may also help instil trust in your brand and possibly help increase the conversion rates on your website.
Earn and Acquire Theme Relevant Backlinks
If you want to rank on page 1 of Google for the most popular and competitive cryptocurrency search keywords, you will need good quality and content relevant backlinks coming to your domain.
Some key enablers to help you Earn and Build links to your cryptocurrency site are:
- Make sure you have a blog section that allows you to produce high-quality content on your blog on a regular basis(link earning)
- Think about how you can create content that people want to read and link to. Such as guides, resources and microsites (link earning)
- Make sure you know who the key influencers / key opinion leaders are in your industry, who you can share engage with and outreach to (link earning / link building)
- Analyse your competitors backlink profiles to see where they are getting their best links from (link earning / link building)
In our Cryptocurrency Link Strategy Matrix below we highlight some key link tactics that can be used to build and earn links from on and off your website:
Taksu Can Help You
If you need support to help create and implement a best practice SEO strategy, we can help you in the following ways:
- Define a core and Q&A focused keyword strategy to decide on how landing pages should be optimized and how new content should be created to target relevant keywords to your products
- Providing a full technical SEO audit of your website and highlighting key fixes that may be required
- Developing and International SEO strategy for your website (if required)
- Providing recommendations on how to optimise landing pages and your metadata in accordance with the core target keyword strategy
- Providing a link strategy recommendations document tailored to your business, so you can develop a best in industry link building approach
- Help you to conduct link strategy campaigns where support is required
- Providing online training materials for your in-house teams to learn best practice approaches to take in future