During this challenging time, it’s great to see that the Hong Kong Government has launched a number of initiatives to help Hong Kong Businesses, including the Hong Kong Distance Business Programme.
The Hong Kong Distance Business Programme has been launched to support enterprises to continue their business and services during the epidemic by providing funding so they adopt IT solutions for developing “distance business”. We are very proud to now be officially listed as an approved IT Services Provider for the programme.
There are a number of categories in the programme that businesses can apply for. All businesses should read these categories carefully via the funding scope section on https://www.hkpc.org/en/distance-business-programme to ensure they qualify and to increase the chances of a successful application.
Taksu Digital is eligible to provide IT services to Hong Kong-based businesses who apply for funding the programme via categories 1 and 4, which includes online business and digital customer experience enhancement.
In terms term of what a digital marketing agency like ourselves can support on in relation to the funding scope within the Distance Business Programme, we can deliver projects in the following areas:
→ Web development and design to establish website functionality on existing or new websites such as:
- Membership and e-learning web portals
- eCommerce solutions
- Online booking platforms
→ Promoting such online portals through search engine promotion (SEO) and digital advertisement such as social media promotion, e-coupons, loyalty programmes, etc.
- Running paid search marketing campaigns on platforms such as Google Ads
- Running Paid Social advertising campaigns such as Facebook Ads and Instagram Ads
- E-Commerce Advertising on platforms such as Amazon, Shopee and Lazada
→ Improving customer service experience and engagement.
- Integrating Chatbots & Live Chat features
- Analytics, insights & data purchasing
- Customer Journey Analysis & Enhancement
- Customer Conversion Rate Optimization
More About The HKPC
Distance Business Programme:
- The HKPC Distance Business Programme provides funding support to businesses registered in Hong Kong so they can adopt IT solutions to develop their online presence and continue offering their services during the COVID-19 epidemic.
- Applications are open from May 2020 to October 31, 2020.
- Each enterprise can receive funding of up to HK$100,000 per IT solution and can apply for multiple IT solutions as part of a wider project up to HK$300,000 with the project needing to be completed within 6 months.
- The HKPC Distance Business Programme covers 12 categories of IT solutions.
- All private enterprises (excluding publicly listed companies, statutory bodies and non-government organisations funded by the government) with a valid Business Registration Certificate, with ongoing business commencing before 1 January 2020 are eligible.
- The relevance of the proposed project to the applicant’s business, the reasonableness of the budget and the implementation details and capability of the service provider are all part of the assessment criteria.
You can read the full details on how to apply via https://www.hkpc.org/en/dbp-fund-app and review the full eligibility criteria at https://www.hkpc.org/en/distance-business-programme
If you are a business in Hong Kong and considering making an application to the Hong Kong Distance Business Programme fund, then feel free to contact us to see how we can help make your application successful and deliver the project that meets your requirements.